Come join Team Black Dog and train for the 2019 Myrtle Beach Half or Full Marathon! Team Black Dog will equip you with the tools and knowledge to help you cross the finish line. Taught by certified running coaches and experienced runners with a passion for the sport, participants will receive individual attention and help along this journey.
Informational Meeting: Wednesday, November 7 at 6:30pm-Black Dog Running Company
*Marathon Training: Participants must have completed a half marathon within the past year and be able to complete 5 miles by start date along with committing to training 3-5 days a week during the training program.
*Half Marathon Training: Participants must be able to complete 3-5 miles before start date. This can be a combination of run/walk.
*Marathon: November 11-March 2
*Half Marathon: December 9-March 2
Target Race Date: March 2
*Marathon Cost: $150.00/participant (does not include race entry fee)
*Half Marathon Cost: $110.00/participant (does not include race entry fee)
- Daily training plan including a variety or workouts, cross training, and rest days
- 4 weekly team workouts (2 coach led)
- 2 week post race reverse taper schedule
- Weekly email from coach
- Team Black Dog Technical Shirt
- Store discounts
- Race Registration discount
- Access to closed Facebook training team page
- Gear tips
- Nutrition/hydration tips
- Strength workouts
- Warm-up/cool down stretching
- General training tips
- Form drills
- Gait analysis
- Core training sessions
- Race day preparation
- Unlimited encouragement!
Training Team Runs (meet at BDRC):
- Saturdays-6:30am Long Run-a few at 6:00am for marathon participants (training team members only)
- Mondays-6:00pm Strength and Run Workout (open to the public-not coach led)
- Wednesdays-6:30pm Tempo/Speedwork (training team members only)
- Thursdays-6:30pm Easy Pace Run (open to the public-not coach led)